Monday, April 13, 2015

Foodie Finds: Caprice Des Dieux

Caprice Des Dieux

Mozzarella, cheddar, provolone, oh my! As far as cheeses go, I had tried all the "typical" cheeses. But I can gladly thank my Mom for introducing me to the world of non-typical cheeses. I had heard of, and tasted reblochon cheese many times, (her favorite cheese), but I had yet to try Caprice Des Dieux.


 It happened one day while I was in Rosieres, France. Our host Stephanie shared some with us and it was by far the best cheese I had ever tasted. The very next time we went to the supermarket I stocked up on some.


The church of Rosieres, Tarn



 This cheese was just right. Perfectly moist and gooey at room temperature, and not at all stinky like ahem, reblochon. I can totally understand how it got its name, which literally means "what the gods crave." And boy, will you be craving this once you have tried it! 


Recommended way to try:

Slather it on fresh warm bread once it has softened to room temperature.


No comments:

Post a Comment