Monday, March 23, 2015

Thick Moist Brownies


Thick. Moist. Brownies. I have tried my fair share of brownie recipes, but never encountered the recipe that had me addicted. When I recently slightly adapted a recipe from Eva Bakes for my Double Chocolate Chip Muffins they came out so moist and brownie like that I got to wondering...If I made these in brownie form, would they be "the one"? I gave it a try and I am so glad I did because not only is it really simple to mix up (less than 12 minutes) they came out utterly irresistible.



These pictures truly do not do them justice. They were super moist and thick (tall), but in a way that makes them look unique and even more tempting I might add. I am not going to call them "the one"..yet. But I will say that they are by far my favorite so far and it will take some adventuring and experimentation with many, many other brownie recipes to knock them out of their newly won number one spot.


 Thick Moist Brownies
Servings: 9 servings when baked in an 8 x 8 inch pan Time: 45 minutes Source: Slightly adapted from Eva Bakes Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Muffins

Ingredients
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 cup milk
1/4 cup butter melted and cooled slightly
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk chocolate chocolate chips

Step 1
Pre-heat oven to 375 Fahrenheit. Grease an 8x8 inch casserole dish with butter.
Step 2
Mix all dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and sugar) together in one mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly to combine and flatten out any clumps.
Step 3
In a separate bowl mix wet ingredients (eggs, sour cream, milk, melted butter, oil and vanilla).
Step 4
Slowly add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until smoothly combined. Add chocolate chips at the end and mix just enough to incorporate them evenly.
Step 5 
Add mix to casserole dish and bake for around 35 minutes. If using a tester a few moist crumbs should come out while testing to ensure that it is adequately moist.


Pictures Of The Process



No comments:

Post a Comment